Sideboom Training Course
This one week course is designed to provide theory and practical training in all aspects of machine operation and maintenance of the Sideboom. Once this course is successfully completed, students will receive a BC certification of completion and be ready and able to start working in the Oil & Gas industry. This course is also a pre-requisite course for the Simulated Pipeline course, which teaches all aspects of Construction of a pipeline. This course requires a minimum of 5 students to run.
Classroom Theory and Practical Training
- Sideboom Practical Operation & Equipment Maintenance
- Basic Engine System Components and all Major Systems (fuel, lubrication, exhaust, cooling, governing)
- 3-point contact for mounting and dismounting
- Components & hydraulic/mechanical system operation
- Assembly & dismantling procedures
- Pre-operation & walk around procedures (pre-trip inspection)
- Start-up and shut-down procedures
- Hand signals & blasting signals
- Basic winching equipment
- Pipeline crews & typical tasks performed
Pre-Requisites & Requirements
- Students are responsible for obtaining their own personal protective equipment (PPE) prior to the course start date.
- Students are responsible for thir own accommodations and meals during their training.
* O'Brien Training offers reduced rates at partnering hotels. Please call our office to find out more information.
After completion of this 1 week pre-requisite course, students have the option of continuing their studies and enrolling in the 3 week Simulated Pipeline Construction Course, click here for more information.
**All students of O’Brien Training will be registered into our recruitment database through Core Recruitment. Each course includes in house consultation with one of our Recruiters at Core Recruitment where students will be assisted with career development services to increase the probability of successful employment. This service is continuous upon completion of all courses and included in program costs - a value of $2500.